New Small Business Relief Opportunities Available Now
Below is the general guidelines for the three new grant opportunities available. Each one is linked directly to the appropriate sites for more information.
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) announced that the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) will reopen the week of Jan. 11 for new borrowers and certain existing borrowers. This applies to both first and second draw loans. For companies interested in applying for a new PPP loan, we strongly urge you to promptly consult with your financial institution and tax advisor to ensure you have the latest information as elements are still evolving, and are prepared to act as the loan funds become available.
Applications are open for submission January 15, 2021 at 9:00a.m. until January 25, 2021 at 5:00p.m.
The Employee Assistance Grants were made available by Senate Bill 748, and are designed to provide support to employees impacted by the MDHHS Gathering and Face Mask Order that took effect on November 18, 2020. The Michigan Restaurant & Lodging Association Educational Foundation is administering this grant program.
What is the application period for the Employee Assistance Grants?
The application period will open on January 15, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. and will be available until January 25, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. The grants are not first come, first serve and the application will be open for submissions for the entirety of that 10-day period. Please take the time to ensure your application is complete and correct.
Who is eligible to apply for the Employee Assistance Grants?
Employees who were impacted by the MDHHS Gathering and Face Mask Order of November 18, 2020. Employees working in the following industries qualify:
- Hotels, Motels, Bed & Breakfast, Resorts
- Food Trucks
- Bowling Alleys
- Golf Courses
- Banquet Halls
- Other impacted industries
The State of Michigan has allocated $55 million to implement the Michigan Small Business Survival Grant Program to support the needs of Michigan businesses that have been disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 virus and the Gatherings and Mask Order. The application to apply will open at 9:00 a.m. EST on Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
How to Prepare to Apply
Please review the following documents to help prepare for the application. More information and resources will be posted as they become available.
- Application Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Press Release Announcement (1/14/21)
- A business may create an account in Connect Space in advance of the application opening or may already have an account. Please visit https://pmbc.connect.space and click “Sign Up Now” to create an account. A Connect Space account is required to apply and only applications submitted online will be accepted. Physical or emailed copies of the application will not be accepted.
- Be sure to note your password as it may be necessary to enter when signing into you account in order to apply.
In order to be eligible for funding under the Program, small businesses must be a for-profit or non-profit company and meet all criteria below. Furthermore, each local EDO may have additional eligibility criteria. Please use the table below to find your local EDO and review any additional eligibility criteria prior to applying.
- Had 1 to 100 employees (including full-time, part-time and owner/employees) on a world-wide basis on November 17, 2020.
- Is in an industry that demonstrates it is affected by the Order.
- Needs working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses, or other similar expenses.
- Demonstrates an income loss as a result of the Order as determined by the EDO in which an eligible business is located.
- Is not a live music and entertainment venue that is eligible for funds under Section 401 of Public Act 257 of 2020: Michigan Stages Survival Grant Program.